Assistive Innovations Privacy Notice
Assistive Innovations means Assistive Innovations b.v. and/or Assistive Innovations Corp.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Assistive Innovations gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Assistive Innovations experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Assistive Innovations or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Assistive Innovations on other Web sites.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Assistive Innovations Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Assistive Innovations, controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Protection of Assistive Innovations and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Assistive Innovations, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Which Information Can I Access?
Assistive Innovations gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Assistive Innovations for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
• Are Children Allowed to Use Assistive Innovations ?
Assistive Innovations does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Assistive Innovations only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Examples of Information Collected
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Assistive Innovations include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings); payment settings; e-mail notification settings; Seller accounts; and Your Profile.